With 2018 nearly upon us it seemed like the opportune time to reflect on this year and also set out my resolutions and goals for next year.
This year has both surpassed my expectations and also left me at times frustrated – it has given me my first taste of Kona, leaving me hungry for more, and whilst I have been happy with my results I still haven’t had a race where I feel I have truly delivered in swim, bike and run to my potential – but that is what motivates me for 2018.
Proudest triathlon moments of 2017:
1) Kona – not blowing up and managing to meet all my goals – a good first outing
2) Exmoor 70.3 – after my puncture disaster in 2016 being able to win with a good margin was a great feeling – first champagne podium as well!
3) Lanzarote 70.3 – felt like the closest I have got to an all round great performance
Aims for 2018:
1) Qualify for Kona and go back to win
2) Be first age grouper at all my races
3) Get a half marathon PB
4) Be in a position where I feel ready to take my pro license
2018 races so far (there will be more as I firm up plans!)
– Challenge Roma (14th April)
– Challenge Championships (2nd June)
– Ironman Nice (24th June)
I am looking forward to another year with Will Clarke – building on the improvements of last year and seeing what progress I can make. His guidance and support this year, particularly in Kona made the transition to full distance seem relatively easy.
Very much looking forward to seeing Barney smash next year under his new coach – his support and motivation makes it so much easier to get up and train, and seeing how hard he works helps push me on to train harder.
The support of club mates and other triathletes continues to amaze me – every race I go to I meet more people who are so friendly and encouraging, and the network of triathlon friends is ever expanding. It is great to see all of them do so well.
Thanks to Orca, Skechers, Clif bar, Precision Hydration for your continued support.
Happy New Year everyone!!